Sunday 22 April 2018

Review: NK Naturals

Recently I have been trying three products from NK Naturals. 
The brains behind NK Naturals is Nicola, who started the brand while living in Lanzarote and has now moved back to the UK and launched it here. NK features five balms - Beautiful, Delicate, Gorgeous, Aman and Lip, plus two oils and a hydration spray.
Nicola sent me three balms to try, wrapped in the most striking black and white packaging.
         
                   


DELICATE HEALING BALM
 Delicate comes in a reusable black pot with a very thorough information leaflet. It is a healing and cleansing balm particularly recommended for the treatment of eczema, rosacea and psoriasis and is mild enough to be used on babies. The balm is formulated with organic beeswax, coconut oil and blue chamomile among other ingredients.
I used this on my body rather than as a cleansing balm as I was trialling the Beautiful balm facially. I have two healed patches of eczema on both legs that are still dry, so I used the balm on these. You only need a little bit and it is very smooth going on and well absorbed.
I also tried it on my son's eczema on his inner elbows which is also healed at the moment, but dry and found it a really nice, effective balm.




BEAUTIFUL HEALING BALM
Wrapped in soft white tissue and with an extensive info leaflet held with a black ribbon, Beautiful is a nurturing and regenerative balm for both cleansing and using on localised areas of irritation and treats acne, scars and hyperpigmentation.
 Its base is jojoba oil and it gets its sunny orange-yellow colour from the addition of sea buckthorn.
 I love a cleansing balm and I actually enjoy taking my make-up off at night because I feel pampered and revitalised when using a great balm. I was immediately attracted to this balm because of its gorgeous colour.
Its smell is glorious. A really floral, unusual fragrance I can't put my finger on. It's as beautiful as its name suggests, a really silky, easily melted balm that leaves the skin glowing and soft. I adore this balm. It's an absolute pleasure to use and I highly recommend it as a skin care treat.




CHOCOLATE LIP BALM
This balm is made with shea and cacao among other things with added sun protection in the form of titanium dioxide.
It has a subtle scent and a subtle taste. I haven't tried it under lipstick but something about the texture suggests it wouldn't be the perfect base, so I've just been using it as a nighttime treatment. It's quite different from other balms I've used before and it's very nice.


In summary: I really enjoyed my trial of NK Naturals. A gorgeous, luxurious brand to really treat your skin.






*The lip balm is suitable for vegans. The Delicate and Beautiful balms contain beeswax.




*This sample was sent to me for PR purposes. I wasn't paid for my review.

















1 comment:

  1. hugely impressed with this beautiful brand. The products are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete