Tuesday 18 April 2017

Review: Herbfarmacy Skin Rescue Balm

I recently tried a skin rescue balm from Herbfarmacy. They are a UK company based in Herefordshire who have a five acre farm where they grow their organic plants and herbs.

This award-winning 100% organic balm is lemon-coloured with a herby smell. It isn't vegan as it contains beeswax. I used it on a patch of eczema on my leg that was almost healed from using another balm and a new patch that had flared up on my chest. 
Ingredients:
Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) hybrid oil, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil, Cera alba (Beeswax), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) butter, Althaea officinalis (Marshmallow) root extract, Symphytum officinale (Comfrey) leaf extract, Calendula officinalis flower extract, Stellaria media (Chickweed) extract, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) leaf extract, Anthemis nobilis (Roman Chamomile) flower oil, Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender) oil, Helichrysum italicum (Helychrysum) flower oil, linalool, limonene, farnesol, geraniol, eugenol (Last 5 essential oil components).

Unfortunately, this balm didn't work for me. I found my leg started itching for the first time in a while after the first application of this, so I switched to something else. On the eczema on my chest, it didn't take away the itching or the scaliness that had started to develop as a result of scratching. This balm has great reviews, but it wasn't for me. 

Herbfarmacy looks like such a lovely, well-regarded company that I would definitely try something else from them in the future.

You can buy their Skin Rescue Balm here


*This sample was sent to me for PR purposes. I wasn't paid for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment