Friday 7 July 2017

Review: Laid Bare Body Butter and Scrub

I've recently been trying two products in the Laid Bare range, their Butter Me Up organic shea body butter and their Scrub A Dub Dub face and body scrub.
Laid Bare is a UK brand that uses 97-100% natural ingredients with no nasties.
The Scrub A Dub Dub daily face and body exfoliator is made with green tea, corn powder and grapefruit. It must separate in the tube so needs a good shake or if you open it upside down, some can dribble out. However, despite looking thin initially, it's really gritty, which I like in a scrub. When I used this all over body in the shower, I was left with soft, smooth skin. I must confess I haven't tried it on my face but with its mild ingredients, I'm sure it would be fine.
All in all, a very pleasing and effective scrub.
Ingredients:
AQUA (WATER), GLYCERIN (COCONUT), COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE (COCONUT), ZEA MAYS (CORN COB) POWDER, ALLANTOIN, SUCROSE LAURATE, ALCOHOL (COCONUT), XANTHAN GUM (NATURALLY DERIVED THICKENER), DEHYDROACETIC ACID, BENZYL ALCOHOL (NATURALLY DERIVED PRESERVATIVE), CITRUS MEDICA LIMONUM (LEMON) PEEL OIL, GUAR GUM (NATURALLY DERIVED THICKENER), CITRUS AURANTIFOLIA (LIME) OIL, CAMELLIA SINENSIS (GREEN TEA) LEAF EXTRACT, CITRUS GRANDIS (GRAPEFRUIT) SEED EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE (NATURALLY DERIVED PRESERVATIVE), SODIUM BENZOATE (NATURALLY DERIVED PRESERVATIVE), CITRAL (ESSENTIAL OILS), LIMONENE (ESSENTIAL OILS)
The Butter Me Up body butter is a hefty tub of sensual and floral smelling thickness. I really like that Laid Bare do this in a 250ml tub. So many natural brands put their butters or lotions into poxy 150ml tubes which are neither use nor ornament to man or beast. When I say this, I might add it's my own personal issue, as I have to moisturise all over, every day, or basically I'll turn into a lizard. So probably, people with normal skin might not mind that their butters don't come in industrial sizes. I do, however. And for the price some of them cost, you should expect more (a minimum of 250ml).
Anyway, not only do Laid Bare do this fabulous size, but they are also a reasonably priced brand. My skin problems are documented on this blog. I have just shifted two lots of eczema and now need to keep on top of my skin dryness with very thick emollients. 
Unfortunately, while this butter is undoubtedly amazingly moisturising, it wasn't enough for me at this moment in time as my skin has become itchy once more. It's always trial and error for me as to which products are going to work and many butters and lotions have bitten the dust in my quest to keep scaliness at bay. 
While it didn't agree with me, I have no hesitation recommending this lovely butter to someone whose skin is not quite as dehydrated as mine because I believe it would work very well on 'normal' dry skin rather than crocodile skin like mine.
Ingredients:
AQUA (WATER) GLYCERIN (VEG) STEARIC ACID (VEGETABLE) GLYCERYL STEARATE (PALM KERNAL) BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (ORGANIC SHEA BUTTER) ROSA CANINA (ROSEHIP) FRUIT OIL PRUNIS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (ALMOND) OIL PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL SOYA LECITHIN DEHYDROACETIC ACID, BENZYL ALCOHOL (NATURALLY DERIVED PRESERVATIVE) PARFUM (NATURAL ESSENTIAL OILS) THEOBROMA CACAO SEED BUTTER (COCOA BUTTER) NIACINAMIDE (VITAMIN B3) CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE (VITAMIN B5) ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C) TOCOPHERYL (VITAMIN E) PYRIDOXINE HCI (VITAMIN B6) CITRUS GRANDIS (GRAPEFRUIT) SEED EXTRACT DAUCUS CAROTA SATIVA ROOT EXTRACT (CARROT) POTASSIUM SORBATE (NATURALLY DERIVED PRESERVATIVE) SODIUM BENZOATE (NATURALLY DERIVED PRESERVATIVE).

In summary: Laid Bare is a great, natural, affordable brand and well worth checking out.

You can buy the range here and at some of the shopping sites in my list at the top of the page.





1 comment:

  1. I adore Laidbare's body butter (that scent!) and it was the first product I tried. Shame is didn't work for you though. x

    ReplyDelete