Tuesday 17 October 2017

My Autumn Pampering Products

Now the nights are drawing in, I won't lie about my hibernation-like existence. I like to put my pyjamas on when I get in from work, get the child in bed and pamper myself with nice products followed by a good book/TV programme and glass of wine. (Okay, now I'm lying, the glass of wine comes even before the pyjamas). Is anyone with me or am I just a saddo who needs to get out more?

Here are the products livening up the dark nights at the moment:

BALM BALM BEAUTY BALM



When I got this in last month's box I was thrilled as I love Balm Balm and hadn't yet tried this new product. It's a multi-purpose balm made from base oils and essential oils and has a delicate scent of rosemary and tea-tree. I expected it to be a solid balm that I would have to warm between my fingers like others I've used and instead the texture is very surprising. It's pale yellow in colour and looks like glittery sugar or some yummy dessert. It scoops out like a dream and melts effortlessly into oil on the skin.

I've been using this as the first step in a double cleanse and it leaves my skin glowing and fresh. I cannot recommend it highly enough. I'm really into my cleansing at the moment and I actually look forward to taking my make-up off at the end of the day now I've got such nice products!

 LAID BARE 2-IN-1 CLEANSER AND TONER 

This was featured in the May Love Lula box and it's a great gel cleanser. I love using it after an oil cleanse and it definitely leaves my skin feeling like I've already applied toner. Laid Bare are making some great waves at the moment and I'll be trying more of their products.

JOHN MASTERS DEEP SCALP FOLLICLE TREATMENT

I actually bought this for my itchy scalp but it's also a volumiser for thinning hair. I like massaging it in and my scalp feels less irritated when I've used it.

PHB ETHICAL BEAUTY RESTORING HAND CREAM
I use this last thing at night before I turn my light off and my hands always feel great in the morning.

BLOOMTOWN BOTANICALS ROLL-ON ROSE GARDEN

This is a gorgeous perfume which was in the Cruelty-Free box in August. It's really heady and comforting to have a little hit of it on pulse points before climbing into bed, but I also wear it during the day.


But let's not forget that I'm not full vampire and I venture out sometimes to earn a crust. This is my number one make-up product helping me to rock an autumn look:

MANNA KADAR LIPLOCKED PRIMING LIP WAND IN MERLOT
 I'm still as baffled as the day I received this in the Cruelty-Free Beauty Box why a red shade like this would be a lip primer, but whatever. I use this as a lipstick and it's just glorious. It's rekindled my love for red shades and makes me feel like a vixen! 😉


Finally, let's not forget a seasonal cup of tea to round off the night. The gorgeous Hygge orange and cinammon Beauty Brews tea is my favourite right now.


The first 4 products and the tea are available at Love Lula
Bloomtown Botanicals roll-on and the Manna Kadar lip wand are available at the Cruelty Free Beauty Shop

1 comment:

  1. You've got some great products going on here! Loved the wine and pjs bit. Enjoy all that pampering, and I would recommend adding a mask here and there too :)

    ReplyDelete