Friday 20 October 2017

Review: The Love Lula October Beauty Box

This month's great value box features the following products:


GREENFROG BOTANIC MINI BODY WASH 100ML GERANIUM AND PEPPERMINT £3.90
This brand's products are made with organic Himalayan soapberries, aloe vera and essential oils and are really good value when you consider the full size is £8.80 for a whopping 300ml. Although the smell isn't to my taste, this is a lovely creamy wash that leaves your skin really silky.


OOH! OILS OF HEAVEN TAMANU OIL 15ML £9.50
This is a new oil to the range, rich in omega 6 and 9 and good for scarring and stretch marks. It does look a bit like swamp water, but don't let that put you off ;-) It's quite a thick, gloopy oil and kind of sparkly too (always good) and that texture makes it easy to get the correct amount on to your palm. I found it smooth to apply and easily absorbed, really good for under make-up. Some people on the Love Lula Beauty Club have mentioned they don't like the smell and that it's a bit curry-ish. I thought it smelled nutty, like the Cacay oil which I have also used, but then the next time I opened it, I got a smell of curry! I'll continue to use it though because it feels very nice. Another really good oil from the brand.

GLOSSWORKS NAIL AND CUTICLE OIL 9ML £12
This isn't something I would normally buy, so I guess I don't look after my cuticles. I do paint my nails a lot though so this will be a nice treat to get them into condition.

PHB ETHICAL BEAUTY EYESHADOW BRUSH £7.95

A lovely, velvet-soft vegan brush, good for highlighting my brow bone and good for blending. You can't go wrong with a new make-up brush. I love them.

PHB ETHICAL BEAUTY PRESSED MINERAL EYESHADOW IN ALMOND 3G £9.95
PHB products are cruelty-free and vegan and contain no palm oil. I'm a big fan of the brand and I like getting make-up in my beauty box so this was a good one for me. Almond is a shimmery pale gold shade which is very much up my street and looks great applied to my browbone.

In summary: A really nice box this month, full of decent products. Looking forward to the next one! You can subscribe to the Love Lula beauty box at their site here



2 comments:

  1. Another great box, that's for sure! I am not particularly keen on the smell of tamanu oil either but it has so many great benefits for the skin so well worth using.

    Petra from behealthynow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I have been using it since I got the box. And it doesn't always smell like curry to me. Sometimes nutty, sometimes curry ;-)

      Delete