Monday 2 October 2017

September Empties featuring Bee Good, Ogario London and more

Here are my empties for September.

BEE GOOD CLEANSING WATER

I used this as a micellar water to take off make-up before another cleanse.  I found it gentle and it didn't sting my eyes. However, I have a couple of issues with this. One, 100ml is not enough and it was gone in the blink of an eye. Two, the ingredients. I'm not a fan of the use of PEGS. It was nice, but I won't be buying it again.

OGARIO LONDON HAIR MIST
This wasn't an empty, it was a half-empty, until I took it on holiday and the whole pump became mysteriously unscrewed from the bottle in my suitcase and leaked all over my toiletry bag. 😖I was devastated naturally, but luckily I had already bought another, because I love this! Sometimes I use it after a bit of smoothing oil, sometimes I use it on its own. It gives lovely shine and body and I wouldn't be without it. Looking forward to trying more Ogario products.

JOIK LEMON AND VANILLA BODY LOTION
I already reviewed this here. It's a lovely hit of lemon and vanilla in a velvety lotion. I did mention in the review that I normally use butters rather than lotions as I don't find the latter moisturising enough for my dry skin. So it's with a heavy heart, that I say I probably won't buy this again, as I don't think it provided enough moisture. That said, it's beautiful in every other way and would suit someone less lizardy than me. I love Joik and aim to try everything from the range. I am currently using their lemon and bergamot body oil, which is gorgeous.


ESSENCE I LOVE EXTREME MASCARA

It's a shame that I have to say that the best mascara I've tried this year isn't natural, but there you go. Essence's cruelty-free mascara retails at the princely sum of £3 and is up there with the best. It lengethens, it thickens, it makes me look like I actually have eyelashes. See my Essence focus here


SKIN AND TONIC COCO MASK
This vegan, Soil Association certified mask mini came in the August Cruelty-Free Beauty Box and is made with just 5 ingredients:
Cocos nucifera (coconut) milk powder Zea mays (corn) starch*  Kaolin clay  Aloe barbedensis (aloe) leaf juice powder*  Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower oil* *Certified organic by the Soil Association.
It comes as a white powder for reconstitution with water (or honey/yoghurt for deeper moisturisation). I didn't do a very good job of preparing it, sadly, and ended up with a runny white liquid, rather than a paste. I applied it anyway and did feel it dry after a few minutes, so reassured myself that not all the active ingredients went down the sink while I was *cough* mixing it in the palm of my hand (lazy cow).
My skin felt nice and soft afterwards and I would consider trying it again in the future.


4 out of the 5 products are available to buy at Love Lula



No comments:

Post a Comment