Sunday 4 March 2018

Review: Botanicals Try Me Pots - Soothing Balm and Wild Rose Balm

Recently I was sent a couple of Try Me pots from Botanicals - their Soothing Salve and Wild Rose Hand and Body Balm.
 I love Botanicals' ingredients, they really are as pure as you can get and it's always a treat to try their products.

SOOTHING SALVE

Winner of the Silver award in the 2013 and 2016 FreeFrom awards, this salve is recommended for dry skin, eczema and sunburn. Vegan, as are all of Botanicals' products, it's really soft and easy to get out of the pot. I love the scent of lavender that hits you first and how easy it is to melt into the skin. I've been using it on a troublesome patch of eczema on my leg (I've written about this patch before here and what I've used to treat it and the damn thing's flared up again) and it's really helped keep the itching at bay and taken the inflammation down. It's very comforting to use this balm at night.

Ingredients: Helianthus annus (sunflower) seed oil*, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter*, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil*, cetyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, calendula officinalis flower extract*, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower oil*, anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower oil*, glycerine***, tocopherol , zea mays seed flour*, geraniol**, limonene**, linalool**. (*Certified organic. **Natural constituents of essential oils. ***Organic origin.)



WILD ROSE HAND AND BODY BALM
This balm is recommended for dry, mature and dehydrated skin - clearly targeted just for me 😊. As it was a small pot, I used it just on my hands, at night before I went to bed. Another soft, easy to melt balm which felt really nice going on and left my hands (which have really suffered this winter) less like a lizard's. I've no doubt it'd be an amazing product to try all over.

Ingredients: Helianthus annus (sunflower) seed oil*, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter*, cetyl alcohol, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil*, rosa canina fruit oil*, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, glycerine***, camellia sinesis leaf extract*, tocopherol, zea mays seed flour*, rosa centifloia (rose) flower oil*, pelargonium graveolens (rose geranium) flower oil*, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower oil*, cymbopogon martinii flower oil*, cananga odorata flower oil* , geraniol**, citronellol**, linalool**, limonene**, citral**, farnesol**, benzyl benzoate**, benzyl salicylate**. (*Certified organic. **Natural constituents of essential oils. ***Organic origin.)
In summary, another two gorgeous products from Botanicals. They are vegan-friendly, organic and so pure. Nothing not to like. These two products were just perfect for winter.


You can see the full range of Botanicals skin care here


*This sample was sent to me for PR purposes. I wasn't paid for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment