Sunday 4 March 2018

Review: The January Cruelty-Free Beauty Box

Here's a very belated look at the January Cruelty-Free Beauty Box.



MAGGIE ANNE NAIL POLISH IN SCARLET
 This was a welcome addition, firstly because I love Maggie Anne and secondly because I was in need of a nude polish for work, where I can't wear nail polish *cough* This is a lovely shade, perfect to do your own French manicure.

Buy here


GREENFROG BOTANICS NATURAL BODY WASH

I wasn't particularly thrilled with this inclusion because I've used this body wash before and while it's lovely and moisturising, it's not the scent of my dreams.


Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Potassium Cocoate (from Coconut), Coco-Glucoside (from Coconut), Sapindus Mukurossi Fruit Extract* (from Soapberries), Lauryl Betaine (from Coconut), Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Lead Juice Powder* (from Aloe Vera), Benzyl Alcohol, Parfum (fragrance) : Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium Essential Oil), Mentha Arvenis (Peppermint Essential Oil), Potassium Sorbate (Salt), Salicylic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Geraniol**, Citronellol**, Linalool**, Hexyl Cinnamal**
 *Certified Organic Ingredient
 **Naturally occurring within essential oils



PHB ETHICAL BEAUTY EYELINER IN BROWN
 My initial thrill at seeing a PHB eyeliner turned to disappointment when I saw it was brown. I only use black and I've been using the PHB black eyeliner for the last few months. I'd recommend PHB eyeliners unreservedly, they really are fabulous.

Ingredients: Octydodecyl Srearoyl Stearate,C10-18 Triglycerides, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) oil, Copernicia Cerifera Cera, Olus Oil, Candelilla Cera, Mica, Sesamum Indicum Oil, Polyglycceryl-3 Diisostearate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sorbic Acid, C.I. 77499, C.I. 77891. Certified Vega, Cruelty Free & Halal.

Buy here



TISSERAND BODY LOTION

One I haven't tried yet as I have several body lotions and butters queued to try. I've previously only used Tisserand's De-Stress Mist so this was a good choice and I'm looking forward to trying it.


Ingredients:  Aqua (Water), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Sucrose Stearate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Punica Grantum (Pomegranate) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Cinnamomum Camphora (Camphor) Leaf/Twig Oil, Copaifera Reticulata (Copaiba) Balsam Extract, Alcohol Denat., Parfum (Fragrance), Citrus Aurantium (Orange) Leaf Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Peel Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Citric Acid, Tocopherol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Oil, Potassium Sorbate, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Citral* *Naturally occurring in essential oils.

Buy here


LUCKY CLOUD LIP BUTTER

This was a lip butter that was included in the Cruelty-Free Beauty Box's Advent Calendar prior to this. I'm an admirer of Lucky Cloud's cleansing balm so it was nice to try another of their products. This is a nicely-scented thick butter which moisturises the lips well. It's in a format that I'd only use at bedtime or while in the house though as I prefer stick balms that I don't have to put my fingers in.

Ingredients: hydrogenated soybean oil, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) seed oil, carthamus tinctorius (thistle) seed oil, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, cocos nucifera (coconut) seed butter, aroma, tocopherol (vitamin e oil)

Buy here


The Cruelty-Free Beauty Box as modelled by Heathcliff

In summary: This was the end of my six-month subscription to the Cruelty-Free Beauty Box. I won't be renewing but that isn't because I haven't enjoyed the experience, because I certainly have. It's a good value for money choice that features a great range of vegan brands. My only niggle is that products included are not always natural, but they are few and far between and the CFBB have never claimed to be all natural, so it's fair enough. I'd heartily recommend this box to those cruelty-free ladies wanting a nice variety for a nice price.

Subscribe here


No comments:

Post a Comment