Sunday 19 March 2017

Mother's Day Gift Guide

I have a collection of things here that I've either tried myself, seen good reviews for or come across while browsing online. I think all of them would make lovely gifts for a special mum this mother's day. I must confess, there's a bias towards roses and pretty packaging 😉

GK Creations Himalayan Rose Bath Salts


How gorgeous does this look? It's pink Himalayan rock salt with rose petals and essential oils of geranium, lavender and orange. I think it would look so nice in any mum's bathroom and if it was mine, I probably wouldn't want to use it. 
GK Creations do gift sets featuring the bath salts with soap, bath truffles and a candle, starting at £14 here


Ingredients: Sodium Chloride, Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Flower petals, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil,Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol.

Available from GK Creations and Love Lula 


Sleek Make-up Highlighter Palette in Solstice
Sleek are a great budget make-up brand sold at Boots and Superdrug. They do their highlighter palette in Solstice, Cleopatra and Precious Metals. I would say Solstice is for pale skin and the other two colour combinations for darker skins. I own Solstice and I love it. It has two cream and two powder shades and a helpful guide on the box suggesting where to use each shade. I'm a huge fan of highlighters and like very pale, icy colours. Also, I don't shy away from glitter ;-)
The highlighting palette comes in a very nice gold case, making it look more expensive than it really is. All in all a very nice buy.

Buy here for £9.99

Balm Balm Rose Floral Water

A gorgeous offering from Balm Balm, judging by the reviews I've read. I'm loving rose as an ingredient in my beauty products at the moment. Balm Balm are certified organic by the soil association and Leaping Bunny approved. You can read my review of their Little Miracle Rosehip Serum here. According to their website, the beautiful fragrance of Rose is soothing & balancing & is reputed to help you to love yourself and to dispel anger. Could do with some of that.

Ingredients: Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Distillate.

Buy here for £12.50


EcoTools Modern Romance Brush Set

A lovely brush set that I saw while stalking Superdrug's website, which I do on a regular basis. Five floral design brushes with vegan, cruelty-free bristles.
EcoTools say:
The modern romance collection is the 4th Edition of our Collector's Brush Set. This exclusive design was inspired by romantic prints and colors and has all of the tools for a soft, romantic look!

Buy here for £11.99


Yin Yang Rose Essentials Gift Set


More roses here lol. This box of goodies in the prettiest of packages features skin cleanser, toner, moisturiser and clay face mask. Yin Yang are a PETA certified vegan company and have a range made with geranium and roses that looks divine.

Ingredients of the cleanser:

Aqua, *Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cetearyl, Cetcareth, Hamamelis Verginiana (Witch Hazel) Pelargonium Graveolens, Rosa Centiflora (Rose) Oil, *Malum Acetum (apple cider vinegar), Dehydroacetic Acid, Alcohol, Acidophilus *Organic Ingredient

Buy here for £39


Scentered Ultimate Survival Kit

Scentered are a UK cruelty-free company who make aromatherapy products. I saw this collection reviewed by another blogger and wish I could afford it! A perfect gift for a mindful mum.
Scentered say:
The perfect gift for those that deserve a little of everything, and that includes you! Our ULTIMATE SURVIVAL KIT contains one of each of the fab five Scentered balms; Stress Less, Sleep Well, Love, Escape and memory boosting Focus with a neat zip up and go travel bag. A gift to help your nearest and dearest stay centred, whatever life throws at them, enabling them to do their best at work and at play.

Buy here for £50


White Rabbit Miniatures Collection

White Rabbit are a natural, vegan company based in Scotland. They do a gift set with samples of all of their products that looks amazing.


The Miniatures Collection contains:

30ml Lime & Coconut Cleansing Water
15ml Comfort Cleansing Balm
30ml Orange & Aloe Toner
10ml Olive & Avocado Serum
5ml Chamomile & Carrot Seed Eye Cream
5ml It's All About M.E Night Cream
5ml Rose & Frankincense Day Cream
5ml Rosehip & Camellia Day Cream
5ml Coconut & Rosehip Calming Cream
10ml Beard Oil
15ml Chocolate Orange Lipbalm


Buy here for £45


Eden Perfumes

Eden, based in Brighton, use botanical ingredients to make cruelty-free variations on popular scents.  After discovering that my beloved Lancome were testing on animals in China, it broke my heart to know I could never buy my favourite perfume La Vie est Belle again. However, I discovered that Eden had their own variation on the scent and I was lucky enough to receive it for Christmas. Eden's scents are eau de parfum, not eau de toilette and come in 30 ml for £18. They do men and women's scents and you can search for your favourite cruel scent and if it is famous enough, it is likely they do a match for it. All the names of their scents are similar to the original, so you can tell what is supposed to be what.

La Vita ed Bella, the copy of La Vie est Belle, has top notes of blackcurrant, pear grapefruit and bergamot, middle notes of iris, jasmine and orange blossom and base notes of vanilla, tonka bean, patchouli and praline. It is apparently their biggest seller.


Buy here for £18

I hope my gift guide has given you ideas for the most important woman in your life x

1 comment:

  1. I love any kind of Himalayan Salts and the Eden Perfumes are fabulous. I've got one which has similar notes to Tom Ford's Portofino.

    ReplyDelete