Saturday 12 August 2017

Review: Yes to Blueberries Body Wash

I saw this in Boots when I was looking for a natural shower gel (which is very hard to find in Boots) and thought I would give it a go as I hadn't used any Yes To products before even though I always see them on the sites I shop on.
Yes To are an American company who make at least 95% natural products in recyclable packaging where they can. They do a few ranges - Blueberries, Carrots, Tomatoes, Coconut, Cucumbers, Cotton, Grapefruit, Miracle Oils, plus a men's range and a baby range. Although I have to say the UK doesn't get all their products as there is stuff on Yes To's American website which I haven't noticed anywhere in the UK.


Yes To is Leaping Bunny approved. I find it really odd that this is not emblazoned all over their website. Instead, you have to dig into the FAQs and 'Our Standards' to find this mentioned. Also, the logo isn't on this body wash. However, they are listed on Cruelty Free International's website so it's not a hoax claim, like some other companies have done.

There's nothing on Yes To's website about the use of organic ingredients (although the blueberries in the ingredients below are organic) and some of the line uses beeswax and honey.
You may also note that there is Parfum listed in the ingredients, which is a bit of a no-no for many people who use natural products. Yes To say on their website that their fragrances are certified by IFRA. Well bravo, but we don't know what's in your Parfum and you should knock it on the head.

The Blueberry range is apparently the 'youth boosting' range. I thought it was the range for dry skin as I saw 'ultra hydrating' on the body wash tube, but actually, coconut is the dry skin range. 

Ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Vaccinium Angustifolium Fruit Extract*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Castoryl Maleate, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Titanium Dioxide, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum). *Certified Organic Ingredient

On to the review! I really liked this shower gel. It was creamy and thick and felt nice on my skin. It didn't cure my dry skin - I'm not sure anything's going to do that - but I haven't had half as much itching since I started using this and no sign of my eczema. It's 280ml, so it lasts a really long time and is well worth the very cheap £4.99 price tag. I've already repurchased this and I'm looking forward to trying something from the coconut range too.




Yes To products are available at the following online and high street stockists:

Boots
Holland and Barrett
Superdrug
My Pure
Lucy Rose
Only Naturals
Look Fantastic
ASOS
Beauty Bay





No comments:

Post a Comment