Monday 29 July 2019

July Love Lula Picks

I picked some wonderful skin and hair care products to review from Love Lula this month.


MY HAIRCARE INFUSE MY COLOUR QUARTZ
I'm somewhat partial to My Haircare's products having used their red and platinum shampoos. I've also been using their conditioner for colour-treated hair for a while, which smells of parma violets 😊. The platinum shampoo is a fabulous choice for bleached hair as it really takes away yellowish tones. When their new Quartz shampoo came out I was very excited to try it as I currently have pink hair.
The shampoo is a lovely shiny dark pink colour and I'm pleased to say it works really well. My hair was pastel pink and fading when I started using it and this has kept it really refreshed. I would say the colour it is now is due to the shampoo rather than the dye and it's not really a pastel pink, more of a pale pink with a hint of lilac.
This is highly recommended to keep your colour fresh rather than dyeing your hair all the time. It's another win for My Haircare, they really can do no wrong in my opinion. The only niggle I have is with their packaging. Apart from the fact it's plastic, obviously, and I'd prefer an alternative, within a couple of washes, the tops of the bottles get constantly blocked with product and I'm always messing about with them in the shower trying to get them unblocked. This has happened with every bottle of the shampoo and conditioner I've had. I'd love to see this product in a glass jar with an aluminium lid! It's worth noting though that My Haircare have now introduced shampoo bars so it's pleasing to see that they are going the right way in reducing plastic waste.

Ingredients: Aqua, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, PEG-4 Rapeseedamide, Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Chloride, Polyquaternium-7, Glycol Distearate, Laureth-4, Benzophenone-4, Parfum, Hydroxypropyl guar, Hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, Mica, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Formic Acid, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate [+/- HC Yellow 2, HC Blue 12, 4-Hydroxypropylamino-3-Nitrophenol, Basic Brown 17, Basic Red 51, Basic Blue 99, Basic Red 76, Basic Brown 16, Basic Yellow 57, Acid Violet 43, CI 77491, CI 77891]




THE ORGANIC PHARMACY SAMPLES - SERUM, FACE GEL AND ANTIOXIDANT MOISTURISER
 I've heard good things about The Organic Pharmacy, a fairly new brand at Love Lula. As soon as I opened these sachets the scent of citrus assailed me and I was in love 😜 You're supposed to mix the gel and serum together, which I dutifully did, while sniffing at my hands all the while. The result is gorgeously soft and primed skin, just ready for moisturiser, which is the icing on the cake really. This smells of oranges too and sinks in like a dream, just perfect under make-up. I'd love to try the full size of all these samples, they're all wonderful.




MARLENHA FLOURISH MOISTURISER
This moisturiser combines hyaluronic acid with prickly pear and olive oil to plump and hydrate skin. I used it both night and day and it's really fabulous for both, especially under make-up during the day, giving a velvety non-greasy finish under foundation.

Ingredients: Aqua, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Glyceryl Stearate, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil, Behenyl Alcohol, Hexyldecyl Laurate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hexyldecanol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Acetyl Octapeptide-3, Sodium Hyaluronate, Opuntia Coccinellifera Flower Extract, Cassia Alata Leaf Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Chondrus Crispus Powder, TocopherylAcetate,RosaMoschataSeedOil,OleaEuropaea Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Glycerin, Parfum, Glucose, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Gluconate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Lactic Acid.

Buy here



D'ALCHEMY AGE DEFENCE BROAD-SPECTRUM REMEDY

I've liked my previous samples of D'Alchemy so thought I would try another. There are some fabulous skin loving ingredients in this little elixir for mature skin and it's another great moisturiser for both day and night. It's not the nicest smelling but it is a little powerhouse of hydration and I'd definitely try the full size.

Ingredients: Rosa Damascena (Damask rose) Flower Water*, Lippia Citriodora (Verbena) Leaf Water*, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Water*, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride*, Aqua*, Polyglyceryl-3-Cetyl Ether Olivate Succinate*, Propanediol*, Glyceryl Stearate*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Shorea Stenoptera Seed Butter*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Glycerin*, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate*, Malpighia Emarginata (Acerola) Fruit Extract*, Paullinia Cupana (Guarana) Fruit Extract*, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract*, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea buckthorn) Fruit Extract*, Myrciaria Dubia (Camucamu) Fruit Extract*, Undaria Pinnatifida (Seaweed) Extract*, Tocopherol*, Beta-Sitosterol*, Squalene*, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Juice*, Prunus Persica (Peach) Juice*, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Seed Extract*, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract*, Panax Ginseng Root Extract*, Rosa Damascena (Damask rose) Flower Oil**, Glyceryl Caprylate*, Glyceryl Undecylenate*, Benzyl Alcohol, Spilanthes Acmella Flower Extract*, Salicylic Acid, Rosa Gallica (French rose) Flower Extract*, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Phytate*, Gluconolactone*, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1*, Sodium Levulinate, Sodium Anisate, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Wood Oil*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil**, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Bud Oil**, Sodium Benzoate, Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid*, Eugenol***, Limonene***, Linalool***, Citral***, Citronellol***, Farnesol***, Geraniol*** //*Ingredients of natural origin, ** Natural Essential oils, ***Components of Natural Essential Oils

Buy here


INFUSE MY COLOUR TREAT
 As mentioned above, I'm a regular user of this conditioner so it was nice to get an extra sample with my picks which was the perfect size to take on holiday as my hair is very short. You can read my review of the Treat conditioner here


Ingredients: AQUA/WATER/EAU, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS (SAFFLOWER) OLEOSOMES, GLYCERIN, HYDROXYPROPYL STARCH PHOSPHATE, BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PARFUM, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS SEED EXTRACT, CITRUS AURANTIUM (NEROLI) OIL, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL,CITRUS TANGERINA (TANGERINE) PEEL OIL, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL, SODIUM PHYTATE, LINALOOL, LIMONENE, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE

Buy here


AWAKE ORGANICS SEA QUARTZ ALGAE CLEANSER

Awake Organics are a new brand to Love Lula. I've used their Frankin-sense serum in the past which is a lovely product and I had to choose this cleanser because I was so intrigued by the ingredients - the combination of quartz crystal and spirulina. It also contains turmeric, blue chamomile and brown rice for exfoliating. I found it gentle enough to use every day despite the exfoliating action but I'd recommend every few days for those with sensitive skin.
It's a dark green polish which transforms to a milky paste when you add a bit of water. It leaves skin feeling rejuvenated and amazing and it even brightens my skin tone. It's gorgeous, one of the best cleansers I've used in ages. Very, very special. I'd like to see the glass jar have an aluminium lid in the future.

Ingredients: Sea Quartz Exfoliating Cleanser: ^Vegetable Glycerine (Derived from Non-GM Rapeseed Oil), *^Oryza Sativa (Brown Rice) Powder, *^Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Milk Powder, ^UK Hemp Seed Oil, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (Mild Soap Derived from Coconuts), Genuine Quartz Gemstone Powder, *^Spirulina Platensis (Green Algae) Powder, *^Citrus Sinensis (Sweet Orange) Peel Oil, *^Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root, *^Matricaria Recutica (German Blue Chamomile) Flower Oil, Tocopherol (Non-GM, Natural Vitamin E), +Limonene, +Linalool. (*Certified Organic, ^Food Grade, +Occurs Naturally in Essential Oils)

Buy here



In summary, there wasn't a bad product amongst the ones I tried this month. I'd use them all again with pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment