Tuesday 28 February 2017

Review: Beaming Baby Skincare Products

If you've read the About Me page, you'll know that both me and my son, Z, suffer from eczema and some of the products I'll be reviewing on this blog will be natural skincare for me and Z.
Z's eczema tends to be seasonal like mine, flaring up on and off over winter and is in the traditional places - creases of the arms and legs. It has needed steroid treatment in the past but it's not in the category of weeping and bandages or any of that, just dry skin and inflammation. He's luckier than a lot of children.
I've tried a few different emollients from the doctor and have now gravitated towards trying natural skincare.

I had the opportunity to try some samples from Beaming Baby, a UK company who are organic, use 100% recycled plastic for their bottles and give 10% of their profits to charity. They produce a range of biodegradable wipes, nappies and skincare.

They say:

The purest for your baby and that's certified! All Beaming Baby products are certified by the Organic food Federation, our wipes lotion is the first in the world to use over 95% organic ingredients. The certified organic plant ingredients are grown without using chemical fertilisers or pesticides.

Our Organic Shampoo & Bodywash contains over 80% organic ingredients...The highest quality ingredients means it is incredibly soft and gentle on baby’s skin. The hydrating Organic Aloe Vera and skin nourishing natural orange blossom gives a soothing, calming bathtime.
Free from: Alcohol, paraben preservatives, sodium laureth sulphate, synthetic perfume and colouring.

Beaming Baby's organic range won the Mother & Baby Bronze Award - Best Skincare Product for 2009 & 2008.

I used the shampoo and body wash a few times on Z in the bath. There was no noticeable foaming of the shampoo which was obviously due to the lack of SLS, and his hair felt silky when dry. Some nights he also had the bubble bath in although it wasn't particularly bubbly, presuming again due to the lack of SLS, not that I'm complaining. I don't usually use bubble bath anyway, just body wash.
After bath time he always has cream all over, paying particular attention to areas of flare up. I used the baby lotion and found it quite thin and watery. My preference is for thick, greasy cream as I believe it works better. And while I love aloe vera, I'm not a huge fan of its scent.

The sachets did a few applications and while it felt nice going on, I did notice after a couple of days that his skin had flared up further in the creases of his arms. This coincided with the end of the trial so I then switched to another cream which damped the flare up down. As I had such a small product sample, I certainly can't suggest that Beaming Baby was responsible for the flare-up, as many a time Z gets flare ups in the middle of treatment with a cream which seems to be working.


In summary, there is much about Beaming Baby products and their ethics to admire and I would try a longer trial of the skincare products in the future. The company are apparently building a windfarm to become carbon neutral. Their nappies biodegrade in 4 years as opposed to 400 years. They have a money back guarantee if your baby gets nappy rash within 7 days of using their nappies. I'm glad I tried the samples and I would recommend the company to other mothers. While Z is toilet trained, he uses pull-ups at night for any accidents. In the past these have given him a rash to his back, belly and groins and they often leak. I have ordered a trial pack of training pants from Beaming Baby and am looking forward to trying them.

Beaming Baby Animal Testing Policy:

Beaming baby does not initiate animal tests on finished products or ingredients either directly or indirectly. All ingredients used are carefully monitored and suppliers are asked to provide written evidence of the date they were last tested. Beaming baby operates a Fixed Cut-Off Date animal-testing policy. The company policy is not to use ingredients that have been tested after July 1994. All suppliers are requested to confirm that their materials have not been tested on animals since that date. Ingredients which do not have this data supplied for them are not used in any products.The finished product is never tested on animals.


You can buy Beaming Baby products from Amazon and their own website here



*These samples were sent to me for PR purposes. I wasn't paid for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment