Sunday 10 September 2017

Review: August The Cruelty-Free Beauty Box

The Cruelty-Free Beauty Box is a new subscription service launched this year. The company offer a beauty box at £14.95 or a make-up box at £19.95. Both boxes contain 5 items. Sometimes there is overlap with the products as the beauty box will often have a make-up item in it. Both boxes are vegan. After seeing July's box reviewed, I decided to subscribe for August.

The cardboard box had a lovely purple glittery logo on it. The box contains 4 full size products and one mini. There was only one brand in the box that I've tried before so I was thrilled to get some new-to-me products.

BLOOMTOWN BOTANICALS THE ROSE GARDEN ROLL-ON INFUSED OIL
This oil is designed to apply to pulse points for an instant lift. I tried it straight away as soon as I opened the box and was absolutely delighted at the smell. It is a floral scent but there's more to it than that. It's sweet and heady and soothing. I'm totally addicted to it and I've been using it as a perfume every day. I also intend to try the other scents in the range.

BELLAPIERRE COSMETIC GLITTER
I've recently tried my first products from Bellapierre and have heard good things about them so I was pleased to get this lovely glitter. I'm the biggest glitter girl ever so this was right up my street. Now I need to look for a good glitter primer!


SKIN AND TONIC LONDON DETOX MASK
This is a powder that you add water to, made with only 5 ingredients and 100% natural. Another brand that I've been keen to try.

HUMAN & KIND IN SHOWER BODY MOISTURISER
The box was late this month as the company had some issues with an international supplier, so the two Human & Kind products were a late addition. This is suitable for both the shower and bath. I did query the company about the use of beeswax in this product and they contacted Human & Kind who confirmed it was synthetic beeswax. That's something they need to update on the packaging if they don't want to lose sales to vegans.

HUMAN & KIND CONDITIONER 
A hair product is always welcome for me. This is for all hair types and I'm looking forward to trying it.


In summary: A fabulous first box for me and can't wait to see what's in September's.


You can subscribe to The Cruelty Free Beauty Box here









No comments:

Post a Comment