Thursday 17 May 2018

Review: Kinn Living

Kinn Living launched their range of plant-based body care and home cleaning products in March 2017. They are Soil Association COSMOS certified, vegan and cruelty-free with recyclable packaging. I was kindly sent 2 products to try.


KINN LIVING BODY LOTION
This lotion is 90.9% organic and won a Beauty Shortlist award this year. It's a thick, soothing product that sinks in well and is very nice on damp skin after a shower. At first I wasn't sure about the scent but when I applied it and bent over my little boy to kiss him he said, "Mummy, you smell nice." I replied, "It's my body lotion." He said, "It smells like flowers." There you go. From the mouths of babes. And if he likes it, then so do I. Also, the Beauty Shortlist panel said, "It's the scent that steals the show." Proof indeed that my nose is not to be trusted on this one. 😊

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) Butter*, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter*, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin**, Citrus sinensis (Sweet Orange) Peel Oil Expressed*, Limonene, Sucrose Stearate, Aloe barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice Powder*, Coco-Glucoside, Xanthan Gum, Olea europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Linum usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil*, Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Citrus aurantium amara (Bitter Orange) Leaf/Twig Oil*, Cananga odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Oil*, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Coconut Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Chamomilla recutica (Chamomile) Flower Oil*, Lactic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Farnesol, Benzyl Salicylate, Eugenol, Citral.    | *Organic ingredient    **From organic origin




KINN LIVING KITCHEN CLEANER
It's always nice to find a new eco-friendly cleaner especially one that uses real essential oils - two of my favourites in this case, lavender and rosemary.
A word first about the ingredients. This contains preservatives CMIT/MIT, otherwise known as Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinone. These two have had some bad publicity as being potential contact allergens and are banned in the EU in leave-on products. I personally avoid them, however, it's not unusual to see them even in eco-friendly cleaning products. I use gloves when I clean, so there's no danger of me coming into contact with this and I was happy to trial it.
It's a really good cleaner, both effective and gentle and okay to breathe in, knowing you're not rotting your lungs. The smell's really nice too. Highly recommended for a clean kitchen.

EDIT 19.5.18: Since I reviewed the kitchen cleaner, I had an email from Kinn to let me know that they have discontinued the use of CMIT/MIT in their products and the last few old stock were being sold. Fantastic news!







In summary: A very nice new brand with the right ethics and good products to match.



You can buy Kinn Living here and their cleaning products at Waitrose.




*This sample was sent to me for PR purposes. I wasn't paid for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment