Monday 12 June 2017

May Empties: Pixi, Living Nature, E.L.F, Pacifica and more

It seems like I didn't do an April empties post. Clearly I'm not using enough products and need to remedy that. Anyway, I have a few empties to talk about here.

Pixi Glow Mist

I felt like I needed to have one of these seeing as it seems to be such a cult product. It smells great, has a lovely shiny cast to it in the bottle and is, of course, cruelty-free. I'll be honest and say I haven't exactly noticed that my make-up is lasting longer after a spritz of this, but I do like using it, especially on a hot day (great to take on a plane). As you can see from the picture, the writing has totally worn off it from carrying it in my bag, which displeased me but all in all, I'd buy it again. The spray mechanism is a bit rubbish though.
Living Nature Ultra Rich Body Cream

The most luxurious cream I've ever tried and the yummiest smelling. Think smothering yourself in Danish pastries. See my review here

Botanics Rosewater Toning Spritz

A bargain toner and 100% organic. I do like the Boots Botanics range and have already purchased another one of these. Smells delightful. However, I need to find another bottle to decant this into because the spray is just crap, frankly. It comes out like a hosepipe and you get it on your clothes and in your hair. Botanics and Pixi need to take a leaf out of Urban Decay's book. Their Complexion Prep mist is in the perfect bottle.

Botanics Hydration Burst Micellar Cleanser

This is my third micellar cleanser from the Botanics range. I like to take off my make-up with a micellar water before I cleanse and this does the job. Will definitely repurchase.

Dr.Organic Manuka Honey Hand and Nail Cream

This was a gift and my first try of this range. I found it a bit sticky at first and was put off but I usually only use hand cream just before I turn out my light at night, so that's not a problem. It's got a heady scent and is thick and easily absorbed. A very nice product and hydrates my dry skin well.

Hard Candy Eyeshadow Primer

Hard Candy are a bargain basement US company. I've tried some of their stuff before and liked it. I'm a fairly recent convert to primers of all kinds and this was my first go. It comes in a tiny tube and has lasted months and months. Debatable whether it actually works. I'm of the opinion that ladies of a certain age are going to have eyeshadow creasing no matter what, simply because of ahem, sagging etc. After some hours wearing eyeshadow, I usually have creasing. Will I repurchase this? No.

E.L.F Studio Perfect Finish High Definition Powder

I have a lot of E.L.F make-up and I love them, I really do. Powder and mascara are the two make-up items that I go through the most of and I've used many different brands in my time. I thought I'd try this as it's white so at least I knew it would suit my ghostly skin tone. Note that this is the only shade in the range but it is supposed to suit all skin tones. This is a great powder. It mattifies and can be applied with either a brush or the sponge it comes with. Sometimes I can look a bit powdery after application but nothing that can't be sorted with Pixi Glow Mist. I'm on my second one now.
You can buy the powder here and E.L.F currently have a sale on.

Pacifica Color Quench Lip Tint

I have a love-hate relationship with this lip balm. Yes it's gorgeous and full of lovely stuff and makes your lips feel great but because it's a tint, you can't apply it as you would a normal balm without the aid of a mirror. Plus, I carry it in my pocket at work where it turns to mush and I can't just sweep it on because I would just have a blob of pink all over. So I have to use a mirror and spread it with my finger. Which kind of defeats the object of a balm, but there you go. I would probably buy it again though!

In summary, a fab range of empties that I enjoyed using up very much.







No comments:

Post a Comment