Friday 2 June 2017

TK Maxx Cruelty Free Mini Haul

In the past I've always used TK Maxx for clothes or shoes. I've never looked at the beauty products because I thought they were all obscure, weird expensive stuff that nobody bought. Then last year I noticed a free cruelty-free make-up brands there and picked up a Too Faced eye primer and a NYX lipstick. This time I went and had an in-depth look at the beauty and came back with a mini haul!

It was quite spooky, because I had been looking at Alba Botanica's leaping bunny certified sun care range online the same morning and lo and behold I went and found it at TK Maxx. I picked up the aloe vera SPF30 and the green tea SPF45. These aren't mineral sun creams but they have good reviews from what I've read and don't contain oxybenzone or octinoxate. I might add that the weather's gone lousy since I bought them so they have yet to be opened.
This Alba Botanica cream shave was a gift for my other half, as I am trying to encourage him to go green and cruelty-free. It looks so good I might pinch it myself.

I went next door to Homesense, TK Maxx's sister shop, who sell much of the same beauty products and I was thrilled when I noticed a few natural deodorants. The Leaping Bunny on this one immediately caught my eye. I have never heard of Zatik but I googled them when I got home. Zatik means ladybird in Armenian, which immediately impressed me because I adore ladybirds! Review on this coming soon.

Finally, my childminder found this Baby Boo Bamboo baby lotion recently at Homesense and gave it to me as a gift for my son. As far as I know you can't buy this brand in the UK unless you pay 50 quid plus 7 million quid postage on Amazon. I'll be reviewing it soon.

All in all a fabulous haul from TK Maxx and Homesense. The trouble with getting attached to these products is that you often can't get them online in the UK unless with a bank loan, so I suspect I will be stalking these shops on a regular basis.

Has anyone else found great things here?


1 comment:

  1. welcome back friends. today below on our website and in this article we are going to talk about the my as you all are waiting for the
    tk maxx care.com

    ReplyDelete