Wednesday 9 January 2019

Favourites of 2018. Part 2: Hair Care

Here is my round-up of my favourite hair care products for 2018.




BEST SHAMPOO
My favourite this year was the delectable geranium and ylang-ylang gentle shampoo by Freyaluna. Nourishing and cleansing with no tangles, which happens to me with many shampoos. Read my review here
Runners-up: Infuse My Colour Ruby and John Masters Organics Scalp Stimulating shampoo.


BEST CONDITIONER

This amazing vegan conditioner by My Haircare, nourishes and protects coloured hair and smells of parma violets. It leaves my hair so soft. It's just amazing!
Runner-up: Millcreek Botanicals Aloe Vera (sold at TK Maxx).



BEST HAIR OIL
I reviewed this lovely and effective hair oil here


 BEST HAIR PROTECTION SPRAY
Ogario Styling Mist. This powerhouse is great for the price. I'm actually still on my first bottle that I started last year. I use it before I dry my hair to protect against heat and reduce frizz. This is the only product in this article that isn't vegan as it contains honey.

After drying and straightening, I also use the lovely anti-frizz serum from Alba Botanica which leaves the hair so soft and non-greasy although it's hard to get in the UK.


BEST HAIRSPRAY

I'm on my second bottle of Giovanni's 2 Chic Big Body hairspray. It's pretty bloody wonderful. It doesn't go too hard, it brushes out and it smells great. I'd rather not have the plastic container though.


BEST HAIR STYLING PRODUCT
Yarok's Feed My Do Styling Whip is the best styling product I've tried since I stopped using my staple of many years, Tigi's Bedhead Manipulator. It smells of lemons, you only need a little bit to smooth and spike hair and it doesn't leave it greasy and horrible. I adore it. However it's just gone up from £19 to £29 on Naturisimo's website. Gutted.
Also a shout-out for Giovanni's Wicked Pomade on the days when I want to use wax.



BEST BABY SHAMPOO

And for my little Z, who I still use baby shampoo on, I loved Green People's Berry Smoothie Organic Shampoo.




Stay tuned for part 3 of my favourites - make-up!


No comments:

Post a Comment