Tuesday 1 January 2019

My Last Books of 2018

I'm making book reviews part of this blog from 2019 as books are a very important part of my life and have been since I learnt to read. These are the last books I read in 2018.

THE BONES BENEATH BY MARK BILLINGHAM




Mark Billingham is a fantastic crime writer. I haven't read any of his for a while but I've just read two on the trot, this and Love Like Blood, which were both good. In this, Tom Thorne's nemesis, the demented Stuart Nicklin, decides he wants to show the cops the position of a body he buried 25 years ago. All the way through the stay on Bardsey island, the digging and the mind games, the menace builds and you know something terrible is coming. A good read.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


DAISY IN CHAINS BY SHARON BOLTON


This is my first Sharon Bolton and it won't be my last. A stunning novel surrounding lawyer Maggie Rose, who takes on the case of jailed serial killer Hamish Wolfe while the police anxiously flit around, worried she's going to make them look like idiots. Everyone's got a secret in this and she keeps you guessing to the very end whether Hamish, the handsome and charismatic cancer surgeon committed the crimes or not. This was one of my favourite books of 2018. Just wonderful.


To come soon:

My favourite book of 2018.




No comments:

Post a Comment