Sunday 10 June 2018

Review: The May Natural Beauty Box

This month's Natural Beauty Box featured six gorgeous products from an amazing group of British brands.







PURE PURPOSE TURMERIC AND ORANGE COFFEE SCRUB
I actually have another Pure Purpose scrub at home that I haven't got around to trying, slightly put off by the mess aspect lol. This bad boy is a huge size that will probably last ages. After my recent holiday, I was badly in need of a scrub and I dug into this one with excitement. Firstly, being a coffee scrub novice, I was really surprised to find it was just, er, coffee grounds. What I mean is I expected a paste-like consistency like other scrubs, for the grounds to be cemented together by something but no, it's literally coffee grounds! 😀 So I whacked it all over in big massive handfuls and gave myself a good scrub down. I tried my best to leave it on for five minutes, but it's quite difficult when you're in the shower.
The result? The most amazing velvety soft, gorgeously-scented skin! I'm a total convert to Pure Purpose. I won't lie that the mess aspect upset me somewhat - the bath, shower curtain and walls needed a rinse. Also, I tried to catch the grounds with a hair trap but most of it went down the drain and I heard that they block up your pipes, so I'm a little worried about that and it's something to keep an eye on. Also, what is the environmental aspect of coffee grounds going down the drain? It's something to research.
But all in all, a beautiful scrub and just the right scent for me.

Buy here



CONSCIOUS SKINCARE SWEET ORANGE AND FRANGIPANI BODY OIL
I'm not a huge fan of body oils. I find they don't moisturise my dry skin as well as butters and the mess of the bottle getting oily and leaving rings annoys me. However! After my scrub with Pure Purpose, I broke out this oil to complete my post-holiday pamper and OMG how beautiful?! The scent's gorgeous, it goes on like a dream and leaves skin feeling amazing. 
The full size 250ml of this oil is £12 which I think is an absolute bargain. I also notice that CS do a body butter in the same 'flavour'. This oil is an absolute must this summer.

Ingredients: sunflower (helianthus annuus) seed oil*,  sweet orange (citrus sinensis) essential oil, frangipani (plumeria acutifolia) essential oil, agonis fragrans essential oil, sandalwood (santalum spicatum) essential oil * denotes organic



MOKSA WILD ROSE TONING MIST
I was pleased to see this toner as I love rose water and even more that it was a perfect travel size as the box arrived just before I went on holiday. It's a lovely, fragrant mist and it got heavy usage while I was away. I used it to tone after cleansing, to refresh a hot face (frequently) and I also carried it with me at night to spray on my unfortunate case of sunburn, which really helped. Another summer essential!


Ingredients: Organic Rose floral water, Glycerine (from coconut), Vitamin E

Buy here


THE ILEX WOOD CALENDULA SALVE
Another new to me brand and another wow product! Holly at The Ilix Wood makes salves (I've never seen a dandelion salve before, I need to check it out!) and facial products with less than 10 ingredients. Some of these are quite intriguing, such as yarrow and plantain - a scrubland weed.

I love balms with calendula and I've used a fair few, especially on my son's eczema. This gorgeous balm comes in a tin with little bits of marigold in the centre and it's a hefty 100ml for £8 which is a great price, considering I've been using balms in a tiny 30ml jar which is neither use nor ornament on large areas. As it's vegan and uses soy wax instead of beeswax, it's a soft balm which I much prefer than having to dig your nails into products. It's stayed that way even during the hot weather and hasn't melted. So far I've used this on my dry hands and feet. I also used it on some scratches I got on my arms while gardening. One arm was  stinging quite badly and I began to wonder if I was having an allergic reaction to one of the plants but an application of this calmed it immediately.
A lot of balms I've used in the past have had beeswax in and as I'm currently trying a vegan diet, I'm actively seeking vegan products so it was really nice to find this perfect balm which I'll be switching to now!

Buy here



MALLOW AND WHITE RESTORE FACIAL OIL


Okay yes, I cried, 'oh no not another facial oil!' (or similar words) when I opened the box because frankly, anyone who's a) a blogger and b) subscribes to beauty boxes, will more than likely have a massive collection of facial oils. And I do. Nevertheless, with holidays in mind, I was pleased to get this as it was a perfect size for travel. I've heard a lot of good things about Mallow and White. They have minimal ingredients and are award-winning with most of their products being vegan. 
This oil has five ingredients and comes in a violet glass bottle to protect the delicate oils. I used it twice a day for a week on holiday and have continued to use it now I'm home. It's really moisturising, sinks in like a dream and is perfect before make-up. Highly recommended. 

Ingredients: Rosehip Seed Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Jojoba Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Rose Geranium Essential Oil



CELTIC HERBAL SOY CANDLE WITH LIME, MANDARIN AND BASIL
I was pretty thrilled to get this candle as I don't have the budget to buy expensive candles so this felt like a real treat and a perfect compliment to the other products. The RRP is £10 for this full size from the purify range and it burns for 25 hours which seems like a bit of a bargain when compared to other soy candles. I've been burning it at night on my dressing-table. The scent is fresh and subtle and there's no smoke when you blow it out. I love it.





In summary: the amazingness just keeps on coming with this gorgeous box. There's always a new small brand I haven't heard of and always something that I want to repurchase instantly. My favourites this month were The Ilix Wood balm and the Conscious Skincare body oil, both of which I'll buy again.


You can suscribe to the Natural Beauty Box here




*I receive a discount on this box in exchange for providing an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment