Sunday 26 August 2018

Review: The August Love Lula Beauty Box

This month's Love Lula box was focused mainly on facial skincare with both samples and full sizes.





GALLINEE HAND CREAM 
Gallinee are a fairly new brand to Love Lula and one I haven't tried before. I liked getting the hand cream in this small tube as it's great to take out and about. It was effective but the ingredients are not clean enough for me, so I wouldn't use it again.

Ingredients: WATER CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE CETEARYL ALCOHOL ALPHA-GLUCAN OLIGOSACCHARIDE GLYCERIN LACTIC ACID AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE/VP COPOLYMER CETYL ALCOHOL CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE INULIN PERFUME (FRAGRANCE) POLYMNIA SONCHIFOLIA ROOT JUICE TOCOPHERYL ACETATE BELLIS PERENNIS (DAISY) FLOWER EXTRACT LACTOBACILLUS ARGININE MALTODEXTRIN MELISSA OFFICINALIS LEAF EXTRACT BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE (AVOBENZONE) ETHYLHEXYL SALICYLATE (OCTISALATE) XANTHAN GUM PHENETHYL ALCOHOL ALCOHOL SODIUM HYDROXIDE SODIUM PHOSPHATE BENZYL ALCOHOL DEHYDROACETIC ACID LIMONENE


GALLINEE FACE CREAM
 This cream wasn't for me. I didn't like the smell of it and didn't think it added anything to my skin care routine.

Ingredients: WATER GLYCERIN CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE HYDROGENATED COCONUT OIL ISOPROPYL PALMITATE SUCROSE STEARATE DICAPRYLYL ETHER ALPHA-GLUCAN OLIGOSACCHARIDE GLYCERYL STEARATE GLYCERYL STEARATE CITRATE INULIN LACTIC ACID POLYMNIA SONCHIFOLIA ROOT JUICE LACTOBACILLUS MALTODEXTRIN MYRTUS COMMUNIS LEAF EXTRACT ARGININE CAPRYLOYL GLYCINE POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE (AVOBENZONE) ETHYLHEXYL SALICYLATE (OCTISALATE) CARBOMER TOCOPHERYL ACETATE UNDECYLENOYL GLYCINE TOCOPHEROL ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN STYRENE/ACRYLATES COPOLYMER TETRASODIUM GLUTAMATE DIACETATE XANTHAN GUM SODIUM HYDROXIDE SODIUM BENZOATE


PURE AND LIGHT FACIAL EXFOLIATOR
I was pleased to see this brand included in the box again as I really liked the moisturiser that was included a couple of months ago. This was a surprising scrub as it wasn't very er, scrubby, which is actually mentioned on the back of the tube. But despite it being fairly smooth, it left my face feeling really nice. I liked it a lot and I'd actually use it just as a cleanser in the mornings.


KIMBERLY SAYER ULTRA LIGHT MOISTURIZER
This moisturiser gets a lot of love from reviewers and I can certainly see why. I've used a few samples from Kimberly Sayer and I've liked them all. This lovely lemony-smelling cream sinks in really well, providing a great base for make-up. I'd definitely use the full size.


BOWE ORGANICS LASH OIL
This oil is one of the reasons beauty boxes are such a great thing. I would never spend my money on something so, dare I say it, frivolous. (I mean come on, lash oil!). And yet at the same time I was really excited to get it, just because it felt like a really special treat. My lashes are virtually non-existent. They're short and thin and just crap so I guess this was made for someone like me. I haven't used it long enough to comment on its effectiveness yet but I'm enjoying applying it at night and hopefully I'll see them starting to look better.


MADARA PEEL MASK
The second full-size product, Madara, gets frequent outings in the box. Good job they're so good! This one's vegan and it's a smooth cream that you use 1-2 times a week and leave on according to your skin type. I've always shied away from peel masks as the warnings about redness scare me to death and I'm convinced that I'll look boiled after one.
So I used this one with anticipation. I didn't have anything to worry about though. Despite the fact my face tingled and felt generally uncomfortable, I managed ten minutes the first time I used it and didn't have any redness after it. My skin felt really good and I'm so glad that I plucked up the courage to try it so it can now become a regular part of my skin care routine.



You can subscribe to the Love Lula Beauty Box here

No comments:

Post a Comment