Sunday 19 August 2018

Review: Naturally Tribal Skincare

Recently I was sent two products to try from the Naturally Tribal Skincare range. Their products are made using natural African ingredients and soured from Essan, Nigeria. They provide blog updates on their collaboration with the women of Essan.





IYA WOMEN'S BODY FOOD
Being a long-term devotee of Earl Grey tea, I liked the fact this body butter contained bergamot. It conspires with ylang ylang to give it a really heady, flowery scent, perfect for summer nights after a shower. It's a thick base that didn't really melt during the recent hot weather (now becoming a distant memory). So I used a spatula to dig it out and then rubbed and melted it between the palms of my hands. It smooths on this way very nicely and leaves the skin moisturised and soft. A really gorgeous body butter, one I'd highly recommend.


Buy here



EXOTIC MILLET AND COCONUT BODY POLISH
Firstly, the smell of this is gorgeous, quite citrusy and floral. Secondly, this is the most unusual body scrub I've ever tried. Its base is shea butter and coconut oil so it's like using a body butter with pearl millet added (this is a first for me too; I've never used a millet based scrub). As a result, it doesn't really wash off, just kind of leaves a coating to the skin. That's not to say this is a bad thing. You could probably get away without moisturising after you've used this in the shower, but because I'm extra dry, I followed this up with the body food. You really can tell the difference after using this scrub. It leaves skin velvety soft and hydrated. A really lovely body polish.

Buy here






You can view the complete range of Naturally Tribal Skincare here





*This sample was sent to me for PR purposes. I wasn't paid for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment