Sunday 10 February 2019

The January Natural Beauty Box

The theme for the January Natural Beauty Box was Cosy Nights In and the box really lived up to expectations with 7 beautiful items for a perfect winter night at home. 


I hate winter. I hate dark mornings and dark nights. I hate the lack of sun and going out in the cold so anything that makes me feel better during this season is always a bonus and this box did just that.



LUNAR AND LUX MAMA MOON CANDLE
A gorgeously fragrant candle that I just loved burning when I was curled up in front of the TV.

Buy here


PURE PURPOSE HEMP MASQUE
I've liked the Pure Purpose products I've tried in the past and I've never used a hemp mask before so I looked forward to this. I did notice a bit of tingling when I applied it, so I only left it on for five minutes, but it didn't dry out and my skin was wonderfully soft afterwards. A very nice mask.

Buy here



LOLA'S APOTHECARY SWEET LULLABY BODY SOUFFLE

Wow! With a whipped texture and containing shea, vanilla, rosehip and lavender, this impressive souffle is rich, decadent and hugely moisturising. The smell is truly stunning and lingers on the skin for hours. The full size is a hefty £38 and I can see why. You're getting quite a lot of bang for your buck here. Gorgeous. It's worth noting that a full ingredients list is not available on the website however, which is disappointing.

Buy here




GREEN PEOPLE HAND/BODY LOTION
I've used Green People's Quinoa and Calendula shower gel before and really liked it so I was pleased to get this in the box. It smells very good, kind of citrusy and it's lovely and moisturising. I'd definitely use this whole range again.


Ingredients: AQUA (SPRING WATER), BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER*^, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL*, GLYCERIN* (VEGETABLE DERIVED), OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL*, SQUALANE (FROM OLIVE OIL), CETYL ALCOHOL (EMULSIFYING PLANT WAX), CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE (PLANT DERIVED EMULSIFIER), CETEARYL ALCOHOL (EMULSIFYING PLANT WAX), PERILLA FRUTESCENS (PERILLA) SEED OIL*, ELAEIS GUINEENSIS (PALM) OIL*^, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL*, GLYCERYL STEARATE (PLANT DERIVED EMULSIFIER), ALOE BARBADENSIS (ALOE VERA) LEAF JUICE POWDER*, HYDROLYSED QUINOA, OENOTHERA BIENNIS (EVENING PRIMROSE) SEED OIL*, ALTHAEA OFFICINALIS (MARSHMALLOW) ROOT EXTRACT*, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT*, CALENDULA OFFICINALIS (MARIGOLD) FLOWER EXTRACT*, AROMA [ZINGIBER OFFICINALE (GINGER) ROOT OIL*^, CITRUS LIMON (LEMON) PEEL OIL*, CYMBOPOGON CITRATUS (LEMONGRASS) LEAF OIL*^, CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (SWEET ORANGE) PEEL OIL*, EUGENIA CARYOPHYLLUS (CLOVE) BUD OIL*^], HYDROLYSED JOJOBA ESTERS (FROM JOJOBA OIL), SODIUM LAURYL GLUCOSE CARBOXYLATE (PLANT DERIVED), LAURYL GLUCOSIDE (PLANT DERIVED), SODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE (PLANT DERIVED EMULSIFIER), BENZYL ALCOHOL, SALICYLIC ACID, SORBIC ACID, CITRAL*, EUGENOL*, GERANIOL*, LIMONENE*, LINALOOL*. *91.4% ORGANIC, ^FAIRLY TRADED




MEADOW SKINCARE TRY ME DUO
A new to me brand, Meadow Skincare are vegan, use organic ingredients and keep plastic packaging to a minimum. The overnight replenishing oil sample comes in a lovely glass bottle and while I'm not massively keen on the smell, it's so velvety and dry and sinks in so well (so you could probably use it under make-up during the day too). I really enjoyed using this oil.

Of the two products, the cleansing balm is the star for me and I never wanted that little tin to end. Readers might know that a cleansing balm is probably my favourite beauty product, I just adore them and when I've got a great one, I look forward to taking my make-up off . This one is so soft, so beautifully fragranced and it just melts into the skin and leaves it soft and well cleansed. A fantastic product.

Balm ingredients: butyrospermum parkii (east shea nilotica), mangifera indica (mango), cocos nucifera (coconut), cucurbita pepo (pumpkin), carthamus tinctorius (safflower), camellia sinensis leaf oil (camellia), vitis vinifera (grapeseed), euphorbia cerifera (candelilla), lavendula angustafolia (lavender), citrus grandis (grapefruit), tocopherol (vitamin e). citral*, geraniol*, linalool,* limonene*, citroneliol* (*naturally occuring in essential oils)

Oil ingredients: carthamus tinctorius seed Oil (safflower), camellia sinensis seed Oil (camellia), olive squalane, solanum lycopersicum seed (tomato), rosa canina fruit oil (rosehip), punica granatum seed oil (pomegranate), opuntia ficus-indica seed oil (prickly pear), citrullus lanatus seed oil (watermelon), citrus grandis peel oil (grapefruit), lavandula angustifolia oil (lavender), cedrus atlantica wood oil (cedarwood), jasminum officinale  flower oil (jasmine), boswellia carterii gum oil (frankincense), pogostemon cablin leaf oil (patchouli), tocopherol (vitamin e), * citral, *linalool, *geraniol, *limonene, *citronello, (*naturally occuring in essential oils)

Buy here




MADE BY COOPER'S SLEEPY HEAD BEAUTY BALM
Here's another new to me brand, which I've read good reviews of previously. You can use this balm on temples and wrists at bed time, breathing the scent in deeply, or use it on any dry areas of face and body that need attention. It has a minimum of (lovely) ingredients and comes in a tin. I used it on my nose when I had a cold and also on my chest and wrists. It's gentle and relaxing and you only need a bit so this little tin will go a long way. A very nice sleep balm.

Ingredients: Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (sweet almond) Oil, Cannabis Sativa (hemp) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa(rice) Bran Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (shea butter)*, Essential Oils of: Lavandula Angustifolia (lavender)Oil, Boswellia Carterii (frankincense)Oil, Tocopheryl (vitamin E)





In summary: A wonderful January box just made for winter and self-care. Bring on February!




You can subscribe to the Natural Beauty Box here



*I receive a discount on this box in exchange for providing an honest review.





No comments:

Post a Comment