Monday 6 May 2019

The April Natural Beauty Box

I was absolutely thrilled to see that the Skin-Tritious themed April Natural Beauty Box was plastic free and Emma has pledged to make the box plastic free on a quarterly basis.


LOVE ABSOLUTE FAUX LEMON AND VITAMIN C SERUM
I love a serum, although my collection is a little out of control at the moment thanks to beauty boxes like this one 😆 New to me brand Love Absolute are 100% vegan, use glass and aluminium packaging and source UK grown pressed oils from Bee Friendly Trust suppliers.
Beck was very happy to see the word LEMON on the bottle 😍 This beauty contains tea tree and may chang essential oils, along with Corn Cromwell (avensis oil) and rosemary.
It was really nice to see that this has tea tree in as my skin has been pretty horrid recently, so I hoped  I would benefit from using this.
It smells amazing and feels very soothing going on. I have noticed that it takes its time to sink in and feels a bit greasy, so I've only been using it at night, rather than risk it in the morning when I have 2 seconds to put my make-up on. However, I used it this morning when I wasn't going anywhere and gave it plenty of time before applying my oil and moisturiser and my skin felt fine and would surely have been ready for foundation. My skin is slowly recovering from a terrible outbreak and I like to think this has contributed to its healing.
It's a lovely serum and I'm thrilled to find one without the plastic dropper. The one observation I have is why is it called faux lemon? Yes, it smells of lemon but it still seems odd to call it that, like, we made this but didn't add lemons, so we're calling it faux lemon. Queer. However, I'm splitting hairs because it's gorgeous!


Ingredients: **U.K. grown cold pressed Blackcurrant seed oil 
 **U.K. grown cold pressed White Poppy Seed
 **U.K. grown cold pressed  Camelina
 **U.K. grown cold pressed high GLA Starflower 
 **U.K. grown cold pressed Avensis Oil  
 Vitamin C and Rosemary Organic Supercritical Co2 Antioxidant.
 * Organic  Tea Tree essential Oil
 * May Chang essential Oil
 * Organic





MAISON MEUNIER MUD MASK
 I like a mud mask. Another new to me brand, this lovely mini glass pot is filled with a fluffy, whipped-looking offering that feels so cool and nice going on. And it smells amazing, which mud masks don't usually. It left my skin feeling lovely. A splendid mask and a great size so it won't go off before I finish using it.
Ingredients: Aqua, Maris limus (dead sea mineral mud), Helianthus annuus oil**, Vegetable glycerin, Olea europaea oil, Cocos nucifera oil**, Glyceryl stearate, Cetearyl alcohol, Sodium stearoyl lactylate, Butyrospermum parkii butter**, Prunus armeniaca oil**, Dehydroacetic acid, Benzyl alcohol, Rosa damascena flower oil, Allantoin, Camellia sinensis leaf extract, Pyrus malus extract, Citrullus vulgaris extract, Cucumis sativus extract, Tocopherol, Sodium hyaluronate, Avena sativa meal extract, Stearic acid, Zinc Oxide, Xanthan Gum, Citric acid, Benzyl alcohol*, Citral*, Citronellol*, Eugenol*, Geraniol*, Limonene*, Linalool*.

Buy here



NISKAMA SKINCARE NUTRIENT BOOST DAILY MOISTURISER
When this was revealed I was very excited because I'm still using the Niskama face scrub from one of last year's boxes which I love. Niskama's packaging with the label held on with jute string is really cute. The moisturiser is bright orange-yellow, courtesy of the sea buckthorn. It's sunshine in a jar! How can that not brighten up your morning? 
This has to be my favourite product of the box, with stiff competition from everything else. It's soft and soothing and it smells of oranges which is a massive bonus and hence perfect after the faux lemon serum to continue the citrus theme. Also, you only need a little bit for excellent moisturising so at £12 for 30ml it's amazing value for money. It's great for both day and night and it might just be my new go-to. Nothing not to like. Absolutely beautiful. Niskama have crashed my top five of fabulous skincare!

Ingredients: Aqua (Spring Water), Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Organic Jojoba oil), Glycerin (vegetable), Oenothera Biennis Oil (Organic Evening Primrose Oil), Cocos Nucifera Oil, Squalene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil (organic Sea Buckthorn Oil), Cetearyl Glucoside, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Peel Oil, Gluconolactone, Sodium Levulinate, Xanthan Gum, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (Green Tea Extract), Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Anisate, Limonene*
 *naturally derived from essential oil

Buy here



BUFF KID HAND AND BODY BUTTER
I've tried Buff before, courtesy of the Natural Beauty Box and I was glad to see another product from their range. This is a lovely butter, so fragrant (fairly floral) and moisturising and ideal for the continuing saga of my eczema. I also love butters in a tin and it's a great size for on the go. Fabulous.
Ingredients: Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Safflower & Essential Oils of calming Mandarin, soothing Lavender & sweet Flower of Heliotrope


Buy here


LOVE ABSOLUTE DEEP OCEAN FACIAL MUD BAR
 Ooh this is pretty! Cleansers are my favourite things and I'm always up for a soap bar. This is beautifully presented in a tin and decorated with flower petals.
The round soap is perfect because you can just wet the top of it when you're using it and then store it in the tin. It doesn't smell that thrilling, but it lathers up to give a deep clean and leaves the skin feeling refreshed and soft. A very nice soap. There is just one but. It contains palm oil, although this is RSPO certified.

Ingredients: Aqua *Glycerin **Sodium Palmate English Black Blackcurrant Fruit Oil Ribus Nigram Sucrose ***Sodium Cocoate **Decyl Glucoside *Aquamarine Ocean Glacial Clay (Pristine Sea Silt dry) Sodium Chloride
Citric Acid *Helycrysum Essential Oil *Blue Chamomille Essential Oil ***Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder *** Sodium Citrate Sodium Palm Kernelate Jojoba wax exfoliation beads 
* Organic 
** Manufactured from certified organic oils
*** Certified organic material  

Buy here







My verdict on this amazing box is that I would be happy to swap all my regular products for everything in here - all plastic (and guilt) free 😍 - and one of the best beauty boxes I have ever had. You need this box in your life!



You can subscribe to the Natural Beauty Box here




*I receive a discount on this box in exchange for providing an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment