Sunday 30 December 2018

Favourites of 2018. Part 1: Bath and Body

I tried some fantastic natural beauty products during 2018. Here is my round up of the year, starting with bath and body products.



BEST BODY WASH
The winner is Bloom Remedies' Serenity Slumber Hand and Body Wash. This gorgeous wash is so deeply relaxing and calming at night. Just beautiful. Read the full review here

Runners-up: Bodhi and Birch Ylang-Ylang Incensa and Kathleen Sensual Rose



BEST BODY SCRUB

This is such a hard one to choose as I'm pretty sure I've liked every scrub I've tried this year. So I'll give mentions to Kite Nest Winter Spice Scrub (this was a limited edition and Skin Alchemist's The Gorgeous Soldier  (also not currently available) and say that the winner is:
Buff Nuit Sea Salt Scrub - it warms, it relaxes and it smells amazing. Read my review here


BEST BODY OIL
Although I still think that body butters moisturise me better than body oils, I've nonetheless tried some amazing ones this year with shout-outs to Bloomtown's The Rose Garden Bath and Body Oil and Kathleen's Tranquil Fields Body and Massage Oil.
The winner is: Myroo Om Oil. This beautiful citrus-scented oil was part of the October Natural Beauty Box for and I reviewed it here


BEST BODY BUTTER

I can't get enough of body butters and I need them every day to keep my dry skin in check. I've had a lot of favourites this year. Pink and Green's 'Marzipan' Body SouffleAnita Grant Vanilla Cocoa Body Butter and Planted Skin Care's Shea and Cocoa Body Butter are my three runners up.
And the winner is:
Eden Days Body Hawaiian Haven Body Butter. This perfect summer butter comes in a tin, smells glorious, works like a dream and is a fantastic price. It was always going to win. See my review here


BEST DEODORANT

Another tricky category as I've used so many this year and liked them all. So a mention goes out to:
Pure Purpose Lemon Breeze
Evolve Beauty Cotton Fresh
The Natural Deo Co Lemon and Geranium
Elsa's Ocean

And the winner is:
Native Unearthed Sage and Lavender. I've tried 3 of Native Unearthed's range of 6 and loved them all. They're highly effective and they smell great. Here's my review.



BEST ALL-PURPOSE BALM

This is an award for those lovely balms that you can use a bit of here and there for dry bits. I've used some truly great ones. The winner is:
The Ilex Wood Calendula Salve. This gorgeous balm is pure alchemy 😀

Runner-up: Lucky Cloud Soothing Super Balm


BEST HAND CREAM

This gorgeous balm smells great and works a treat
Big Green Tree Trading Hand Balm

BEST HAND SCRUB

Okay, so this is the only scrub I've used this year marketed specifically for hands, I think, but it would have won regardless 😜
Kokomelt Mini Lavender Scrub Cubes. Read my review here.



BEST FOOT CREAM

And the winner is:
Botanicals Foot Balm. Read my review here



BEST FOOT SCRUB

The winner is:   
Botanicals Revitalising Foot Scrub. Gorgeous scrub, does what it says on the jar. Read my review here.



BEST BABY BODY WASH
Image result for lulu and boo baby body wash images
Lulu and Boo Chamomile and Lavender. I haven't reviewed this at my blog, it must have fallen down the cracks somehow. But it's a lovely wash and perfect to use at bedtime.



BEST BABY BUTTER
Nom Nom Baby Butter. Delicate and fragrant, it's a beautiful butter. See my reviews here and here.

Runner-up: Organica Skincare Baby Balm


BEST SOAP


Soap Folk Lavender and Oatmilk. A lovely comforting bar, especially at night time.



P.S. You may notice there's no adult bath salts/oils in this post, that's because I don't use them. 😊


Part 2 is haircare and coming soon.

2 comments: